We have a clearly delineated 8-step process to ensure success for the buyers we represent!
1. Find Your Realtor
- Research Agents; look for an agent that is knowledgeable and can assist you in reaching the goal of homeownership.
- Read their reviews, and study there past sales. This is your biggest investment.
- Ask for referrals from friend, family, and co workers who’ve recently bought or sold in your desired location.
- Interview Realtors to see how knowledgeable they are.You’ll likely be spending a lot of time together so make sure it’s a good fit.
2. Get Pre-Approved & Know the Costs of Buying
- Your Realtor likely has some great Lenders they already work with (and do NOT get kickbacks from any lenders, or shouldn’t be)
- Know what price range you should be looking and visiting homes.
- Do you currently own? Can you buy your next home without selling your current one?
- Check your credit score –If there’s a surprise on your credit report, you’ll have time to remedy it.
- Get a lender estimate to see closing costs estimates. We can negotiate the Seller helping with these costs.
3. Get Set Up on Email Alerts
- Get alerts within 30 minutes of hitting the market; stay informed.
- Save your favorite homes to keep track of what happening in your market: new listings, price drops, open houses, SOLD price
- Work WITH your Realtor by following the market. A successful agent can spend all day watching the new listings, so utilize those alerts.
4. Start Seeing Homes
- View homes in your desired location to get a feel for your likes and dislikes
- Since real estate is expensive, most buyers have to figure out what “must haves” in or in order to keep on their budget
5. Finally, the Perfect Home! It's GO Time!
Here’s where your Realtor should provide the most VALUE: BY GATHERING INTEL TO HELP YOU MAKE AN EDUCATED DECISION BASE ON DESIRES, MOTIVATIONS, & RISK TOLERANCE
- Providing comps and analysis of pricing
- Research the Listing Agents Sales Trends
- Do they average 92% or 99%?
- New Agent vs 10+ Year’s experience?
- Do they withdraw and relist their listings?
- Has your Buyer agent worked with Him/Her before?
- Are there other offers or just yours?
- Is the property a new listing or sitting for months?
- What did the Seller pay? How much do they owe?
- What is the seller’s situation – are they desperate to move, already purchased their home, vacant, need a rent-back, etc
6. Writing the Contract
We work WITH YOU to figure out the best offer and strategy:
- “Vegas odds” outcomes of different offers (ex: 70% accept/30% counter)
- Are you selling your next home? Do you need equity out of that property towards this next home?
- Competing with other Buyers? We know how to help YOU WIN (and NOT by the highest price)
- Developing a good working relationship with the other Realtor (we’ve worked with many!)
- Lender letter with specific offer price
- Love letter
7. Contract to Close
- Home inspection, radon inspection, Earnest money deposit, locking in interest rate, appraisal, title search, survey, financing contingency, walk-thru, home warranty, etc.
8. Close - Get Keys to Your Home!
- Write online review of your Realtor Experience
- Let us be your future resource for contractors, market analysis, referrals!